Tuesday, April 16, 2013

*Untitled* - Part 2

***I started this at 3:18pm yesterday (4/15) while the news was still poring in***

My last untitled blog was about Sandy Hook....and now another tragedy has hit.  I'm sitting here watching the news on my computer, getting updates from freinds on my phone, I have several message boards open and looking, and reading all the "thoughts and prayers" posts on FB.  In this age of social media and instant news on demand, I hope that what I'm reading and hearing is speculative and that some of it isn't true. 

I'm listening to the Boston PD radio scanner....still 2 hours after the bombs and there is still mass chaos.  You can hear it in their voices, you can sense their urgency. 

Clear out this area, report of a package, suspisious person, where are you, head over to Com. Ave, secure this area, why is this van here.......

Reports of people with missing legs, an 8-year old that was killed....100's injured.  What the hell?  This is a marathon....in Boston, not Baghdad......

Sensless....all FUCKING SENSELESS!!!!!  There wasn't a need for this.  If you want to make a political/religious/personal/whatever statement.....write a fucking blog, rant on FB, stand in a public area and yell....just don't kill people.  What the hell is wrong with people?  I've been pissed before.  Super pissed......but you know....I never thought "Imma go kill some folks".  Never.  Not once.

I just want to scream.

I started a hashtag on Instagram (#runners4boston).  For people to post their pics of them in their race shirts today.  I'm wearing mine.....are you?





In other news...the pool was closed last night.  Uggh.  Tonight, I was going to do a trainer ride, but instead, I'm going to run.  I don't know how far or how long....but I'm going to go out.  It could be 3 miles, 6 miles, 19 miles.....I don't know.  I'm just going to run.......

3 comments:

  1. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by this senseless act of violence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psychos and mentally unstable (still psychos) do stuff like this. I remember when I was a young girl, I use to be fascinated with JKF. I read through all the court documents when I was in middle school of the trial of his assasination and one thing I will never forget reading, was from JFK himself, he said if one person wants to kill me, there is nothing I can do to stop him. The take away from senseless crime is to value each day on earth doing what matters with the people that we care about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never had a desire to run Boston before yesterday, but now it is on my goal list. It may not be 2014 or even 2015, but one day I will make it there!

    ReplyDelete