Monday, March 25, 2013

Holy Crap it's Cold....and windy

Friday night....I decided to skip my swim.  It would have been nice to get it in, but we watched two episodes of Grimm for FMN and by the time they were done, it was 9:30.  Since the gym closes at 10p on Friday, there was no way I could have made it there for a swim.  I didn't beat myself up over it and, since I'm not worried about the swim, it was decidely okay to miss.....but lets not make a habit of this, I told my self. 

That afternoon I had dropped by bike off at the shop for a tune up, a freehub converter, and new cassette and chain to be put on my race wheels...and installed.  About an hour after I dropped it off, they called and said it was ready.  So after school, I picked J up and we went to get it.  Of course, she found some things in the Tri-Shop that she wanted....including an aero helmet for her "princess bike" and a pink carbon water bottle holder.  Helmet priced at $170 and the cage was $49.  LOL....she's already got "triathlete tastes".

C'mon daddy....I really want it.

Saturday morning, was up at 5:30am and ran 6 miles.  We had a lot going on and scheduled for the day....especially in the morning, so I wanted to get my run in.  Now THAT, I can't miss.  Running has been lacking in my plan as I'm focused on the bike...and the 112 mile sufferfest awaiting me.  I've done a marathon before (albeit very slow) so I know what it takes to get thru that.

On saturday night, I got everything prepared for Sunday's 4am alarm and 4:30am start time on the trainer.  Nutrition laid out, cages filled, extra water, clothes laid out for bike and run, shoes, headphones plugged in, Amazon Prime pulled up on the comuter and ready to hit play.  Start off with no stress or "looking for stuff" and it eliminates excuses.

 


The  ride was uneventful really, but the new components were great.  Could feel a hug difference in shifting and ease of peddling.  I got thru 5 episodes of Jericho, which was another recommendation.  Missed it the first time around on TV.  I ended up doing 3:40 on the bike....what I projected around 65 miles).

Then the run.....was planning on doing 10 miles and really felt good during the run.  I ended up with 6 miles and had some good times on the runs (9:45, 10, 10:18)......but the weather was Out Of Control.  A brisk northly wind that was whipping around.....like to the point of no matter how I was running, it was hitting me.  The temp was in the upper 30's and the winds were in the 30mph range....and that was sustained.  It was gusting up to 35-40mph.  I truly could have done more on the run, but was so miserable, that I stopped.



All in all....great weekend!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice job on the bike/run! I hate running in the wind as well. I honestly believe that 3:45 on the trainer HAS to be like 4:30 in real life! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good training weekend to me. I can't think of many things that piss me off more than the wind. So freaking annoying.

    Come on now, you need to buy her that pink helmet! HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete