Thursday, January 24, 2013

Summer in Winter - Again??

Seriously....it was in the low 70's yesterday and today it's supposed to be in the mid-to-upper 70's.  I'm really digging this weather.  I was able to run last night outside.  A nice 4 miles in a littl over 42:00.  I can't seem to get back down into sustained 10:00 miles.  I'm not at a good weight for it now (201lbs) but it's frustrating to not be able to consistantly run at that pace.  The positive takeaway is that I'm able to do the distances.....so....the speed will start to increase.

Yesterday I got my Ultegra 6500 cassette at Performance Bike with the help of the "Spin Doctor" there.  He was a great help in getting me what I need.  Ordered a new chain from Amazon too.  With the new wheels, cassette, and chain all in (tomorrow), I'm hoping to get it on the bike within the next week or so and being able to get out on the road.  I actually don't mind the trainer, but with the new parts, I wanna ride!!!!!

My 6 year old wanted to "run" yesterday too.  When we got home, I set the treadmill up for her and let her get after it.  Poor girl is as uncoordinated as her mom and dad.  She likes to run though.....just need to foster that.

Future Ironman........


No comments:

Post a Comment