Wednesday, May 15, 2013

3 Days....Last Post


Well Boys and Girls....this is it.

This is my last post before heading out.  I'm "working" today (meaning...I'm at work, but consumed with thoughts of this and that....) and we are rolling out tomorrow morning about this time.

Bikes lubed and clean, nutrition bag is full, swim/bike/run bags are packed and ready.  I've packed extra stuff just to be safe.  I've pack my regular street clothes.  I have stuff laid out near the door.  I've already planned on how I'm going to pack the back of the Expedition.

I've gone over my nutrition plan.  Eat every hour.  Continual drinking.  Electrolyte caps every hour after the second hour.  Gu's, Clif Bars, Payday bars......Gatorade....water....  On the run it's survival mode.  Plan on Gu's every 3rd aid station, electrolyte caps at mile 1, 9, 17, 22.....water, Gatorade...coke....chicken broth.....whatever else looks good.

The last few months have been a whirlwind.  Lots of training.  Some bitching.  Lots of saddle time in a stuffy and humid room (where I would be completely soaked down to my socks.....which I guess, in hindesite, was okay since it's supposed to be HOT and humid.....and the sweat loss will be the same).  Lots of calories consumed and burned.

3 days......until the cannon goes off. 

*BOOM*

And we're off.......................


Some time later.....in the darkness....with people I don't know saying my name and cheering, I'll make the final push down the chute.  I will hear my name, followed by words that will hold a special meaning in my heart.....right next to the word "Yes", "I Do", and "It's a Girl".....

Brad Donovan.....You ARE An IRONMANNNNNNN..........



See y'all on the flipside to this journey. 

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your reward for all your hard work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to follow along. Even the chicken broth sounds good about right now! You're gonna be great! Go knock that shit out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can;t wait to hear about it! Have a great race Brother!

    ReplyDelete