Saturday, July 21, 2012

Tri Voyeur

The morning started out with a 5:30am run for 3 whole miles.  I cut it a little short because I was going to head down to watch a bit of the Cooper Summer Sprint (which I've done 3 of 5 times).

It was kind of neat to see a triathlon from the outside, knowing what the people in transition were going through.  You could tell the first timers.....bundle of nerves, pacing, asking a ton of questions.....but as I recall, I was like that and so were many first timers.  The hardest part of the first time (assuming training has been done) is figuring it all out.  I even had a few people ask me questions.  I met a fellow BT'er (Shannon) who we both did Glaveston in 2011.  He did IMTX the past two years and he said that he'd assist in anyway he can with my journey.  That's what I love about this sport.  People willing to give back.  I also ran into my Pastor (Chris Stull) and his wife, Brenna.  Both are strong athletes, even though they won't admit it.  Also saw a few others from church and a few familiar faces from other local tris.

Then.....at dinner....the drinking commenced.  I knew that Sunday's workout was a wash, so I continued drinking.  It was a nice release.

No comments:

Post a Comment