Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Make up session and bad Ironman dreams

Did Monday's workout today (4 loops in neighborhood) along with 40 push-ups and 40 sit-ups.

But let me tell you what happened while sleeping.  I guess I should preface this with the fact that I don't remember many of my dreams.  I've read that we all dream but, unless it's vivid, I don't remember.

Yesterday, I was researching Race Reports (RR's) online about Ironman Texas.  Reading people's reports about last  years race and the course, and their nutrition, and registration, and the expo, and so on.  I'm guessing that was still rolling through my mind.

My dream starts like this:

I remember getting to the race and begining to set up transition.  I look all over for my nutrition and it's not there.  Luckily my VP of Sales (who's an Ironman in real life) was there and he had a GNC in his bag.  He gave me a few powerbars.  Looking back, however, while I called him 'Donny', it was not really him.  Don't know who it was.....maybe that's how I picture Donny.  On with the dream......I look around again and realize that I don't have my race number or timing chip.  I go to the table to ask the teenager for my packet and he tells me that I missed the packet pick-up and I cannot race (this was addressed on the Ironman Texas website about picking up the packet on Thursday and not race day).  I tell the kid that I can see my packet in the box and that he should just give it to me.  He tells me he can't (super....a teenager that takes his job too seriously).  I then ask for the manager (like it's an Old Navy and I'm trying to return a shirt without a receipt).  The manager tells me that he can't do anything for me.  I explain that I see my packet and I just want to race.  I spent the money and I want it!  He tells me that he would have to restart the computers and that he cannot do that.  I woke myself up when I yelled.  This was around 2:30am.....I guess it didn't bother me too much because the next thing I know, Annie taps me and says "You better get up".  Thanks baby......I don't know if you were concerned with my training or just wanted me to quit hitting snooze and having my alarm go off every 9 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment