Friday, December 7, 2012

Scaramouche, scaramouche, will you do the Fandango

On Wednesday night, I set out for a typical and uneventful 3 miles.  As I get near the first corner and street light....I see my shadow.  For some reason, I thought....there's my silhouette.....my silhouette-o of a man.....

And it was downhill from there.  Have you ever had Bohemian Rhapsody stuck in your head?  For 3 miles?  Not on your iPod....just you singing it.  Just your thoughts.  Well.....I have and it's not fun.

Yesterday was my "Leadership McKinney" class.....where we learn aspects of city governement, laws, procedures, etc.  Bascially training us to be....well...leaders in the community.  Right now, I serve on two city board.  One is the Veterans Memorial Park (I'm the Vice-Chair) and the other is the Chamber of Commerce board.  Both are very interesting.  Through these boards and my Leadership class, I've become pretty connected in our town of 130,000 people.  I know people now.  And now I can say "yeah, I know that guy" or "I gotta guy that I can call".  Pretty soon....I shall be Mayor of this town.  You can refer to me as Mayor, just to see if I respond and to see how that flows.  Mayor Donovan.  Or Mayor Brad (if I'm going for the cool aspect)

Last night was a good 4 miles.  The weather is great and I'm building the mileage for the IM.  Well....kinda.


Mama mia, Mama mia! Let me go!
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me!
for me!
for me!!
(Insert Waynes World Headbanging scene)

So you think you can stop me and spit in my eye
So you think you can love me and leave me to die
Oh baby -- can't do this to me, baby
Just gotta get out -- just gotta get right outta here

No comments:

Post a Comment