Monday, September 24, 2012

New Watch for the Run

So....whilst in Chicago, my cousins best friend, Mike....refer to one of my first posts....gave me his "old" Garmin Forerunner 210.

After setting it up on Friday night, I was prepared for my Saturday long run.  After setting out, I pushed the wrong button aroun mile 1.89.....which caused it to 'lap', so my next mile was at 2.89.....so it threw me off.  And trying to do math during the act of a long run is comical.

Anyway, it was a pretty uneventful run in the fact that nothing glamorus or funny happened between mile 0 and mile 7.5.

But when I got home and uploaded the data, it was STRAIGHT UP AWESOME!!!!  It showed my exact path that I ran, my splits, elevation, and gave me a clue to where waldo was.

Saturday night was a Jili/Daddy night.  We rented a Disney Princess movie, made a 'pilot' (pallet), got lots of pillows, and slept in her play room.  Only trouble was that it was not comfortable.  Apparently it was comfortable enough for me to fall asleep aboput 30 minutes into the movie (which we started at 8:00pm) but not comfortable enough to not wake up in pain.  I don't recommend recovering from a long run by sleeping on the floor.......that should be common sense, but I just want to toss that out there.

Didn't run on Sunday and slept in today.  Maybe run tonight......maybe.


No comments:

Post a Comment