Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Store Closing


I received word the other day that my LRS is closing it's doors.  It's very sad because it was a "mom and pop" store that always took care of me and local athletes.  I was able to talk to the owner last night and thankfully it's not due to a lack of business, but rather the landlord jacking up rent on tennents.  It's sad.

About a month ago, I won a free pair of shoes from them, but never redeemed the certificate.  I kind of felt like a dick saying "even though you're closing, I want to claim my free pair".  Well.....I bought a $110 pair of bike shorts and a $55 pair of running shorts.  (both 50% off) The owner asked me if I had gotten my shoes and I told her that I didn't feel it was right since she was closing down.  She basically told me to HTFU and get them. 

Got a new pair of kicks......Mizuno Nirvana's.  Never worn them before (I'm a Mizuno Wave Inspire guy), but was told that these are comperable to them and provide more cushioning.

I put 4 miles on them this morning and didn't have any foot/ankle/leg issues.  I'm going to start slowly with these and use them for my 3 - 5 milers and save the long runs for my regular kicks.

Great cold morning too.....sitting around 30 degrees.  Layered up today and kinda felt like Ralphies brother in Christmas Story.  But run was great.....great I tell ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment