Wednesday, November 21, 2012

2 runs in 2 days....and lights


So the jouney has begun again.....and I'm 2 for 2.  Woo-hoo!  I think I'll take a week off now.....ok, mabe not.

So....in running last night and this morning (both in the dark), I was in awe of all the Christmas lights that were already up and on.  And, by "awe", I mean "that shits fucking stupid".

I'm all for Christmas lights.  Hell.....I've been hording them and will put them up.  In a few years, I'll be a Grizwald with all that I have.  However, they go up the week after Thanksgiving.  Not a week before. 

The neighborhood that I live in and run in is on the "higher end" so they have people to come hang them.  I get that....beat the rush, get them up, etc.  But really.....don't turn them on yet.  You're what's wrong with America and you're the reason that no one likes you.  I did see a house that had decorations up but not on.  I wanted to stop, knock on their door, and thank them.  However, I don't think they'd enjoy the sweaty runner guy knocking on their door at 9:30pm or 5:15am to tell them how happy I was with their decision to put the lights up but not turn them on.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving.  I will run again in the morning, then begin the cooking of Turkey, GBC, Corn Cass, and opening a can of cranberries.  We have family coming in from Oklahoma and Austin so it'll be a great time.

We have been blessed in life, thus far.....we've had ups and downs, but for the most part God has blessed us.  Remember to give thanks to Him and be thankful for all that you have (no matter how much or how little).

No comments:

Post a Comment