Monday, October 14, 2013

Dipping in the mustard and can't Ketchup


So it's been a few weeks, huh?

Lets recap....

Breaking Bad ended - WOW!!!!
My Daughter turned 1 - Double WOW!!!
I went fishing in Idaho for 4 days - Boom!
I was picked to be a brand ambassador for EnduroPacks - Boo-Yah!
I ran the worst 13.1 that I ever have....ever.... - Major SUCK.


Breaking Bad Finale

I'll leave it at WOW....just in case any of my readers aren't caught up or want to watch the series


Reese Turns 1

We had her birthday party on 10/6 when we had everyone in town for our annual State Fair of Texas gathering.  Reese had such a blast.  It was great to have loving family in town and neighbors come over to hang and celebrate her birthday.  She was the most hugged and loved on person ever.




Fishing the Snake and Salmon River

I could dedicate 3 posts to this alone....but the words and the pics wouldn't do it justice.  I was asked by my boss to go on a 4 day fishing trip (paid for by a vendor) to Lewiston, ID where we ate, drank, and fished.  The scenery was spectacular, the accommodations were great, and the fishing was something that I had never experienced on that level.  8 - 18 lb fish fighting and tugging, reeling and fighting taking over 10 minutes from setting the hook to getting it into the boat.  I caught several fish (Steelhead Trout and some salmon). 


 

Worst. Race. Ever.

So....anything you read here is partly an excuse but partly justification (make sense)......

I had been pretty spastic in my training the three weeks leading up to the race.  And the last week was the fishing trip so I missed some volume runs and had a little too much fun eating and drinking as well....and lack of sleep too.

Race morning it was 75 degrees with 90% humidity and it stayed around that for the race.  After about the first 3 miles, I knew it wasn't going to be fun anymore.  I started fading and walking....and walking more....then around mile 11, it was cramps.  I rarely get cramps, but wow....they suck.  I finished in 2:41 (which was 30 minutes SLOWER than my slowest time.  I have a new PR in the "what's your worst race" category).  The course was pretty hilly too, which I don't train much on.  If I go right out of my neighborhood, I get hills....if I go left, it's pretty flat.  I normally go left.  Guess I should go right more.

The race itself was great.  Average Joe Racing puts on a hell of a race.  Great support, great volunteers, lots of schwag, lots of information leading up to the race....and at a very cheap price.  If you're in the Dallas area and looking for a well run race....check them out.

My splits were:

1 - 10:03
2 - 10:33
3 - 10:34
4 - 11:07
5 - 11:49
6 - 12:55
7 - 12:08
8 - 12:54
9 - 13:29
10 - 14:29
11 - 13:50
12 - 13:55
13 - 12:40

Uggh....just typing those out made me vomit a bit in my mouth.  I need a redemption race and one that doesn't conflict with major holidays, birthdays, fishing trips and anything else.  HAHA.






3 comments:

  1. Very cute picture of your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time race in roller blades. I hear they make you go faster.

    Fish gross me out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so jealous of your fishing trip! and im in a state of depression that BB is over, but i was really happy with the ending.

    ReplyDelete